Monday, July 5, 2010

Maquette Project- entry 4



Greetin's fellow humans! And Happy Birthday to my oldest brother!
Well,the details have started! I kinda approach sculpting like I do when I'm drawing something... you start rough and continually add and take out what's needed or not until the final shows itself.


I haven't mastered doin hair yet, so I knew that was going to be a challenge for me. I simply started rough laying in the main structures of his head and face and hair planes, like his eyes and mouth and ears..






I periodically checked Erick's sketch so everything was staying in line with everything else.



The eyebrows were a landmark on his face so I added rough ones. His upper lip took some designing to work in 3 dimensions. Remember- it all has to work from ANY angle!





As you can see, the main points on the hair are in so I can line things up with other landmarks, always keeping the size and scale matched to the drawing. Some points are missing because I simply will mess them up trying to redefine something else. One thing at a time.





I placed some rough pupils on his eyeballs to see if he was in there... it looked like he was who he was supposed to be so I was happy. Sometimes everything on a character can be spot-on-model but if the eyes are off a bit, it doesn't work.



Our short guy so far...! Notice his arm is pulled away from his face so I can get at it. After I'm satisfied with his head and start working on his hands and arms I'll move it back into position.




VIDEO ENTRY #4








Thanks! See you all in 2 weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment