Sunday, October 3, 2010

MaquetteProject- entry 9


Greetings fellow earthlings.

With the 1st sculpt baked, the only stage left is to finish him off by sanding and detailing. I use alot of different tools for detailing, like sandpapers and dental cleaning tools. Sometimes it's a tough job getting every surface and curve and plane really smooth. And you can't cheat! Once you paint the the thing, all the rough spots show. So I try to get everything as smooth as I can.




Some things I left a bit rough since I knew it would be easy to sand smooth after the sculpt was baked again, like some of the lines and hems on his clothes and sneakers.


Sometimes I use plumbers putty to fill gaps and cracks that show up. You can see one of those places around his eye where the sculpey was a little shallow The putty is pretty easy to use, but you only have about 3 to 4 minutes before it sets up and hardens. It sands pretty well too.







VIDEO ENTRY 9-A

VIDEO ENTRY 9-B

Until next time friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment