Sunday, June 6, 2010

So the plan is...





I've finished a maquette set for my friend Erick Tran and it turned out well. Erick was pushing a new show concept he had in mind and I thought it would be fun to make his characters and add an interesting piece to my sculpture portfolio!

Only this time, since I know Erick and has an interest in how things like this get done and "how did you do that?" stuff, I thought I'd document the whole process of making the sculpt from armature to finished product, and puttin the stuff on here, complete with little movies I took after each stage in making this thing. Keep in mind this is how I do it- I didn't go to school for this and I just figure stuff out as I go. Seems to work... most of the time.

So the plan is, once I get enough blog entries done, I'll try to post one every other week. I get alot of complaints that I don't put enough stuff up regularly and I agree. I'm either too busy or too lazy...! So maybe if this works I'll have something new and interesting up here every other week so Ernie-grog and everybody else will be happy campers!


...by the way... does anyone still read this thing...?


;)


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how it all came together!

    ReplyDelete